SFHA Procurement Conference
Time 9am - 4:30pm
SPA are delighted to be the Main Sponsor for the SFHA Procurement Conference and the whole team will be in attendance so make sure you pop by the SPA Hub!
Over the last few years the Scottish Government has been working to reform and improve public sector procurement. The third annual SFHA Procurement Conference, sponsored by SPA, will look at the main strands of work to improve public sector procurement and how this has affected housing associations. SFHA will ask what the major challenges are, what are the opportunities for housing associations and what support is available from the SFHA, its partners and the Scottish Government.
Major topic covered will include
- The Review of Procurement in Public Sector Construction and the new Construction Manual – what does it mean for housing associations and what do we need to know
- The use of Procurement Frameworks – when should they be used and how do you pick the right one?
- Procurement Capability Assessments – what do they tell us about the sector?
- Collaborative Procurement – is this the way forward?
- Procurement Strategies and Annual Procurement Reports
- Framework & Lot Guidance CPPN 3/2017
- R&M Frameworks using multiple smaller SME contractors
- Legal Debate
- Issues on terminology used on ESPD
- Challenges & shape of the future – Brexit now upon us
The conference will also see the launch of a Community Benefits Guide for Housing Associations.