SFHA Development Conference
Time 9am - 5pm
SPA are delighted to be the Main Sponsor for the SFHA Development Conference and the whole team will be in attendance so make sure you pop by the SPA Hub!
Delivering Quality Homes & Getting Fit For the Future – Meeting Housing Need Today and Tomorrow.
The Annual SFHA Development Conference will look at how housing associations can build on their successes to ensure that they meet Scotland’s housing needs today and in the future. They will also explore the wider social value of quality affordable housing, and look at support for new build developments to increase the social, environmental and health benefits provided by quality affordable housing.
As the housing association sector works to meet the ambitious 50,000 homes target they will look at
- Progress to meeting the 50,000 homes target
- Beyond 2021 - what should tomorrow’s housing system look like and what role should housing association’s play
- Innovation and modernisation – we look at off site construction and digital technology and the benefits and efficiencies they can bring
- Delivering better places – we ask how housing association developments can deliver wider benefits through better placemaking, active travel and green infrastructure
The conference will be a chance to hear from the Scottish Government on the 50,000 homes programme and on their plans for housing post 2021.
The conference will also provide details of SFHA initiatives to support housing associations as we think about what housing, and new build affordable housing, will look like in the future
- Innovation & Future Thinking workstream
- CSIC & SFHA partnership – including support for off-site construction and BIM 4 Housing